- RIDE THE CLASSICS – by donation
- ADOPT A CAR UNVEILING
- BOOK SIGNING – Art, Architecture & the Automobile by David Lyon
- DIVING DEEPER in the Cole Exhibit by Kevin Fleck, Cole historian and owner. Kevin will be available to give a deeper look, opening the hoods, and sharing the history of these fascinating autos spanning 1909-1925.
Saturday May 18th
Hickory Corners, MI – The Gilmore Pre-1942 Showcase Car Show and Swap Meet on Saturday May 18th is not your “typical” car event. It’s actually authentic “time travel” back to the early days of motoring.…
By Kevin Fleck
JJ Cole and his family in a 1909 Cole High Wheeler. The only known example is registered for the event! Seeing one Cole at a car show is rare, seeing two Coles at the same car show is unheard of, and seeing more than five at the same car show has not happened in many decades. …
- “The Negro Travelers’ Green Book” was compiled by a New York City postman with help from postal carriers around the country
- Black travelers faced “whites only” lodging, restaurants, even gas stations
- Rockefeller’s Esso brand sold gas, franchises to African-Americans
269-671-5089 FAST FACTS
- Duesenbergs were American-built motor cars from Indianapolis, IN produced by the Duesenberg brothers of German heritage.
- 1920s & ’30s Duesenbergs became a status symbol as the choice of not those simply rich, but of the ultra-wealthy.
- Gilmore To Add Some Muscle... Cars That Is.
- 'WOMEN WHO MOTOR' At Gilmore
- There’s a Touch of Tomorrow in That Car!
- RED BARNS SPECTACULAR --one of West Michigan's oldest and largest premiere car shows Aug. 3rd
- Museum Awarded Grant From Michigan Humanities
- Car Show and Events
- Gilmore Car Museum's Speaker Series
- Museum Exhibits
- Museum Partners
- News from the Gilmore