- “The Negro Travelers’ Green Book” was compiled by a New York City postman with help from postal carriers around the country
- Black travelers faced “whites only” lodging, restaurants, even gas stations
- Rockefeller’s Esso brand sold gas, franchises to African-Americans
269-671-5089 FAST FACTS
- Duesenbergs were American-built motor cars from Indianapolis, IN produced by the Duesenberg brothers of German heritage.
- 1920s & ’30s Duesenbergs became a status symbol as the choice of not those simply rich, but of the ultra-wealthy.
- RED BARNS SPECTACULAR --one of West Michigan's oldest and largest premiere car shows Aug. 3rd
- Museum Awarded Grant From Michigan Humanities
- Ultimate Truck Show
- Plenty To Enjoy With Dad At Our Father's Day Feature!
- EXTRAORDINARY OPPORTUNITIES FOR AUTHENTIC ‘TIME TRAVEL’
- Car Show and Events
- Gilmore Car Museum's Speaker Series
- Museum Exhibits
- Museum Partners
- News from the Gilmore