The Cadillac-LaSalle Club Museum and Research Center was founded in 1995 to preserve the legacy of America’s most successful luxury automobile. Since 2010, the center has displayed its fine collection of automobiles at the Gilmore Car Museum and in September 2013, the center broke ground on the Cadillac-LaSalle Club Museum, which will be a re-creation of a late 1940s Cadillac dealership.
The Cadillac-LaSalle Club Museum and Research Center officially opened to the public at the Gilmore Car Museum on September 28, 2014 and serves as the permanent home of the organization’s collection of automobiles, display engines, and artifacts. The all-new 10,000 sq. ft. museum structure is modeled after a 1948 dealership design from the pages of General Motors book “Planning Automobile Dealer Properties” of that year.
Prominent in the showroom and paying homage to the vintage dealership’s facade will be two 1948 Cadillacs, a 60 Special Sedan and a 75 Series Limousine.
Guests will find nearly two-dozen automobiles within, including a very rare 1903 example from of Cadillac’s first year of production; a 1937 LaSalle Convertible Sedan, 1957 Cadillac Brougham used in the film “Driving Miss Daisy,” as well as a 1992 Indy 500 Pace car and the 2003 Cadillac Sixteen show car.
Besides the fantastic automobiles displayed within the new museum structure visitors will also find an array of artifacts, memorabilia and educational exhibits that tell the entire story of Cadillac and LaSalle. There will be tributes to Henry Leland, Cadillac’s founder, to the firm’s production history, its support of the Arsenal of Democracy during World War II and its history of providing Presidential limousines.
To learn more about the Cadillac & LaSalle Club please visit CadillacLaSalleClub.org.
Gilmore Car Museum is a public, 501(c)3 non-profit educational institution, dedicated to preserving the history and heritage of the American automobile.© 2015 Gilmore Car Museum • All Rights Reserved • Produced by Gaslight Media